Postdoctoral Associate Positions in the Mathematics Department
December 2, 2022
Application review begins January 1st, 2023
The Department of Mathematics at Virginia Tech invites applications for several Postdoctoral Associate positions, including one position as the Patricia Ann Caldwell Post-Doctoral Fellow. These are two-year appointments to begin August 10, 2023.
Candidates must have earned a Ph.D. in mathematics or a related field at the time of appointment. Preference will be given to applicants who can identify a Virginia Tech faculty member who will serve as a research mentor and to applicants whose Ph.D.'s were awarded no earlier than August 2020.
Applicants in all areas of mathematics will be considered. At least one position will be in algebra.
The teaching assignment is one course per semester. Teaching assignments will be confirmed based on instructional needs prior to each semester.
The successful candidates will
- carry out mathematical research in collaboration with faculty members,
- prepare and publish papers in mathematical research journals,
- teach one class per semester,
- present their research at national and international conferences, and,
- in some cases, help prepare and submit grant proposals with VT PIs.
You'll find more information on the research areas of the faculty and the posdoc positions through the links below.